Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you and Thank you!!


Sometimes I feel I don't say thank you enough. What amazes me is that I am currently grateful for a bad situation that happened in my life several years ago. I recently renewed friendship with someone I have not seen in many many years. We bumped into each other at a Starbucks on a Saturday morning a few weeks ago. Neither of us live close by that particular Starbucks and yet we met there! Luck!! I don't think so!! Providence!!! Most likely! I don't believe in luck; I believe there is a reason for everything. The sad thing is that he is currently going through what I went through a few years ago. I am able to offer him a much needed support and maybe a bit of wisdom to help him make the right decisions. I am also there to listen when he needs to vent; I wish I had someone to vent to when things were tough for me. This situation he is going through is messy, just like what I had to face several years ago, but if I did not go through this; I would not be able to relate and offer educated support to my friend during this difficult time. For this I am grateful.


This week, Carla is our host at Guylou's!! She is challenging us to make a Thanksgiving or Thank you card.  I used Felicia Mermaid on her side for my card.

The challenge starts today and ends on November 29th at 10pm. Remember if you use one of my images, you get two entries in the challenge. A random winner will be selected and will win a $10 gift certificate from Guylou's Online Store and will have the opportunity to be a Guest Designer on one of our upcoming challenges.

Please take a moment to go see what my fellow DT members and our Guest Designer, Ursula, did for this challenge at Guylou's Inimitability.

5 comments:

Sara I. said...

Gorgeous job on her hair and love the colors - beautiful thank you card. You're a wonderful friend and I'm sure you'll be an amazing support to your friend during his difficult situation. xx

Kim Kelley said...

How cute G! I love the colors and the Thanks is perfect! HUGS

Carla S. said...

Beautiful card, G! I love the colors and the image you used! Your friend is lucky to have you and I'm sure you will give him lots of support and much needed friendship during this hard time for him! Hugs!

Gina L said...

G, it's sort of like what Danni told me a while after Rick passed...something about becoming a support for other widows and that bit of good that came from my awful situation. I am glad you can look at your past in a positive light, and be there for this friend. I love your card, especially the color combination!

Chana said...

Guylou, This is so pretty!! I love how you treated the hair! Nice!

Hugz,
Chana

Post a Comment