Thursday, October 4, 2012

Just to Die For - Challenge at Guylou's


Hello and thanks for stopping by my blog. This week at Guylou's Inimitability, Chana is challenging us to make a project using our favorite die cut. I don't have a favorite one, but I thought to experiment with the idea and try something new. I tried to create an under water scene using three die cuts: seaweeds, a big shell and a captain wheel. I Stickle'd the edges of the shell and the seaweeds to give an effect of light reflection. I also added one of my new images called Felicia Mermaid  and a few dolphin stickers. I colered the image using my Copics and then I Stickle'd her hair, breast covers, waist and tail with a "Star Dust".



The challenge starts today and ends on October 18th at 10pm. Remember if you use one of my images, you get two entries in the challenge. A random winner will be selected and will win a $10 gift certificate from Guylou's Online Store and will have the opportunity to be a Guest Designer on one of our upcoming challenges.

Please take a moment to go see what my fellow DT members and our Guest Designer, Elaine, did for this challenge at Guylou's Inimitability.




I also entered this card in the following challenges:
Charisma Cardz - Bling
DL.ART Thankful Thursday Challenge - Anything goes
Paper Crafting Journey - Mythical creatures
Paper Play - Shine on (bling)
Penny's Paper-Crafty - Die Cuts/Punches
Simon Says Stamp - Glimmer/sparkle

15 comments:

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, G! I love the colors and all the sparkle! Fantastic coloring and scene!

Kim Kelley said...

Cute saying inside! I love all the details and the sparkle! Beautiful colors! HUGS

DIANA L. said...

This is so Adorable Your coloring is fantastic I love the sparkly hair.
Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday challenge.
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

DIANA L. said...

Ps I just became a follower i hope you will join me.

Rica said...

A fabulous card, beautiful colours and colouring is fantastastic, I love the stunning sparkling.

hugs
Heaather xx Simon Says Stamp challenge.

Sarah J. Moerman said...

Wonderful card! Great colors and use of glitter! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Visiting from DLART Linky Party. Like the coloring on your Mermaid card. I'm a big fan of Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow. In Mar this yr I visited O'ahu. Went on a bus tour & saw the area where the Mermaid scene of the latest Pirates of Caribbean movie was filmed.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Missy said...

Very pretty--such pretty coloring and sparkle!!

Naomi Edwards said...

Guylou, I am so excited to meet you!!!! I joined a challenge over at The Crafter's Cafe and wanted to thank you for sponsoring them with your beautiful digitals!!!! When I read about you I swear it was like reading about myself..we have that much in common!!! I am a digital artist, I have 2 boys , I write compose and play guitar and draw...I am a web developer not a programmer and I don't have a dog.. lol So awesome to meet you ..your card is gorgeous!!! Just love everything about it. I am your newest follower and new biggest fan!!

Chana said...

Guylou, you card is just gorgeous! I love your pp and the composition of this card is just to die for!! Very Nice!
Hugz,
Chana

l00pyscraftcreations said...

Wonderful take on the Mythical challenge, hun, xxx Thanks for joining in at Paper Crafting Journey,

Hugs

Lou

Roxann said...

Your card with the gorgeous mermaid is "to die for"! ;)

Hugz,
Roxann

Bunny said...

This is lovely..Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz. And good luck.

Caz xx CC DT

Jan Hennings said...

This is beautiful!

Gina L said...

I really love how this turned out. Your scene is fabulous, and all of that bling just makes it even better.

Post a Comment