Thursday, October 18, 2012

A Spooktacular Challenge


This week, Kim is challenging us at the Guylou's Inimitability Challenge Blog to make a project using the following recipe:

1 ribbon
2 embellishments (flowers/bling/metals etc...)
3 deco papers
Make it scary/dark/gothic

I have discovered that I am just no good at making scary projects!! My card meets the first three requirements, but fails miserably when it comes to be scary or dark or gothic. But I had fun anyway while making this card and since I don't celebrate Halloween, I turned it into a birthday card. I used the bonus image that comes with Felicia Witch and Pumpkin. I used my Cricut to cut the letters for the big "BOO" and the little ghosts are buttons that my friends Gina gave me a long time ago. 



The challenge starts today and ends on November 1st at 10pm. Remember if you use one of my images, you get two entries in the challenge. A random winner will be selected and will win a $10 gift certificate from Guylou's Online Store and will have the opportunity to be a Guest Designer on one of our upcoming challenges.

Please take a moment to go see what my fellow DT members and our Guest Designer, Vicky, did for this challenge at Guylou's Inimitability.



I also entered this card in the following fabulous challenges:
DL.ART - Pumpkin
Crafting for all Seasons - #38 Spooky
Divas by Design - #57 Spooky
Papercraft Star - #117 Halloween Pumpkin
Simon Says Stamp - Eerie*
Can You Digi It - #20 Creepy & Kooky
Through The Craft Room Door - Always Anything Goes!

11 comments:

Trina said...

I am so laughing at you! As soon as I looked at the pic, I thought, "That's not scary!" Very cute bday card, G!

DIANA L. said...

This is so cute I just love all the colors you used. Great job coloring
you could enter this in my DL.ART Thankful Thursday challenge.
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Kim Kelley said...

Another to cute to spook! I love it! The papers are wonderful and really brighten the whole project up! HUGS

Sara I. said...

Adorable card G! Your pumpkin is colored perfectly! xx

DIANA L. said...

Thanks for stopoping by my bog and
Thank you for joining my DL.ART BCA/ANYTHING GOES Linky Party
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Sylvia said...

Great card, Guylou, love that big pumpkin, beautifully colored, nice background as well! thanks for joining in the fun at the Papercraft Star.

Danielle said...

What a fun card - and I love the inside of the card as well. I love all the dimension that you gave your card. Thanks for joining us at TTCRD!

Frances said...

Wow! wonderful, love your design and coloring. Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design challenge blog. hugs, Frances

Gina L said...

You know I don't do Halloween cards, either. Funny how we both made ours into birthday cards. I love the design on yours, and all of the fun colors. I'm glad you could use the buttons, too!

Karal Schuknecht said...

This is a beautiful card. I found you on the Outlaw site and I am now a follower. If you get a chance you could stop by my site and have a look.

Carol said...

Fab birthday card. Thanks for joining us at CFAS this time. Carol DT x

Post a Comment