Sunday, September 16, 2012

Birthday Card for my brother Raymond


My brother Raymond's birthday is coming at the beginning of October, but since we don't live very close; I always get his card ready early to be able to post it to him. This year I prepared a special image for him and called it Miguel the Adventurer. I could have called it "Raymond the Adventurer", but I used one of my new characters called Miguel and it is better to stick to that name, KWIM.

Raymond did a pilgrimage this summer called the Compostela Pilgrimage (a.k.a Way of St. James). He bag-packed with his son Philippe in Europe. It was a life changing experience for him and I know he has the desire to travel more and I hope he will. I wish him an awesome birthday and many many opportunities to travel in the new year.


I used a wonderful sketch by Our Creative Corner to make this card. 



I also entered this card in the following challenges:
Addicted to Stamps Challenge - Autumn Colours
Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything Goes
The Crafty Pad - Autumn Colours: Brown, Red, Orange, Yellow, Green (at least 2 colours)
The Squirrel & the Fox - Anything Goes
Crazy 4 Challenges - #C4C154 Anything goes with a fall twist
Colour Me Creative Challenge -Fall Colours

17 comments:

Sue said...

Hello
You have made a wonderful card with the use of the sketch; it is bright and breezy. I am sure your brother will love it.
Thank you so very much for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner, we are thrilled to see your work.
Smiles:)
Sue

Sara I. said...

Hey G!!
What a fabulous image and I'm sure your brother is going to LOVE this card!! The coloring is stunning and I just love the papers and the wonderful scene you created!! Beautiful! xx

Marie Gamber said...

Love your wonderful card! Great coloring and I know your brother will love it! Thank you for joining us at CMC! Hope to see you again!
Hugs,
Marie

Vicky said...

Love your card the colours really stand out thanks for joining us on challenges 4 everybody hugs vicky

Carla S. said...

Fabulous card for your brother, Guylou! I love the colors and papers! Awesome coloring of your new image!

Lisa M said...

What an incredible card for your brother. I loved reading about his pilgrimage; what an adventure that is!! For that you couldn't have designed a more perfect card. :) You've absolutely done wonders with the sketch and it's entirely fitting for any male.

Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us at Our Creative Corner. Best of luck and we'd love to have you visit again next week!
Lisa xx


Kim Kelley said...

I am sure he is going to love this card. Perfectly masculine! With gorgeous colors and coloring!!! How cool to do what he and his son did! HUGS

Teresa said...

Brilliant Male card. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps this week.
Teresa xx

Scratch Cards Printing said...

What a cute card. So pretty design. I really appreciate this. Thanks for sharing this precious creation.

Linda said...

What a cool guy card, love your layout and DP's!

Thanks so much for playing along with The Squirrel and The Fox, I hope we will see you again soon!

Hugs,
Linda
squirrelsnippets.blogspot.com.au

Kim Price said...

What a fabulous card you have created and I just love your colouring technique! Perfect male card. Thank you for joining us this week for our sketch challenge at Our Creative Corner.

Dawn said...

Guylou, your card is fab! I bet Raymond will be pleased! Thanks so much for playing at The Crafty Pad in our Autumn Colours Challenge!
Good Luck & Happy Birthday Raymond.
Hugs
Dawn xx

aqualeiga said...

Raymond will love this, its great! just perfect for our Autumn Colours challenge this week at THE CRAFTY PAD, thanks so much for joining in!
Hugs, Ali x

Kjersti said...

A gorgeous male card in great colours!
Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps Autumn colours challenge this week.
Hugs Kjersti:)

Amelia Thorneycroft said...

this is lovely! Thank you so much for sharing with us at "Challenges4Everybody".
Good luck!

Waseem said...

I am sure he is going to love this card. Perfectly masculine!I suggest to use Gift Card envelopes for it.

shamraiz said...

You have outdone yourself once again! This is a masterpiece and a perfect thank you to Brother. He is a lucky Brother to be getting this and I’m sure he knows it.

Plastic card Printing

Post a Comment