Thursday, July 12, 2012

Same Old Song and Dance at Guylou's


This week Carla is challenging us to make a project which relates to music or dance. One of my most favorite French song ever is "La vie en rose". When listening to Edith Piaf sings that songs, I get goose bumps all over. There is an English version of the song, but the words do not express the same deepth of someone in love like in French. Something is lost in the translation.

My mom's birthday is coming up and I made the above card for her. She is a fan of Edith Piaf too. I used one of my new images called "Princess Tara" and had fun with these wonderful papers by The Girl's Paperie.



The challenge starts today and ends on July 26th at 10pm. This will be the last challenge for Guylou's for the Summer. Our challenges will resume in on September 6th.

Remember if you use one of my images, you get two entries in the challenge. A random winner will be selected and will win a $10 gift certificate from Guylou's Online Storeand will have the opportunity to be a Guest Designer on one of our challenges in the Fall.

Please take a moment to go see what my fellow DT members and our Guest DT, Lorraine, did for this challenge at Guylou's Inimitability.


I entered this card in the following challenges:
My Heart Pieces Digital Stamps Challenge - For someone Special
Paper Play - Music
Southern Girls - Pearls

9 comments:

Carla S. said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous, Guylou! I love the papers and layers and the music sheet! Wonderful coloring of the image and beautiful embellishments!

Kim Kelley said...

OH G! This is so soft and serene. What a wonderful card for your mom. I absolutely love it! HUGS

Gina L said...

Love the layering on this one, G. That flower cluster is superb!

Trina said...

Just lovely! That flower arrangement is stunning! I remember looking up the name of that song after seeing one of the many movies that was using it; I don't know the words in any language, but I love how it sounds!

My Heart Pieces said...

This is just so pretty so beautiful amazing decoration. Thank you so much for joining with us at My Heart Pieces hope to see you Next week again and don't forget to check back if your are the last week winner.

Siv said...

That is soooo beautiful! Thank you so much for joining the Southern Girls!
Maybe we'll see you again? Hope so!! :)
Hugs Siv

Roxann said...

Loooove your card! Your beautiful lady looks like she just finished a stage performance and is accepting her accolades!

Hugz,
Roxann

Mandy said...

Beautiful card Guylou, so very pretty.
Thanks for joining us at Paper Play
hugs Mandy xx

Deanne Clarke-Saunders said...

Beautiful card!!! Thanks for participating in MY HEART PIECES challenge this week!!

~DEANNE~

Post a Comment