Monday, July 9, 2012

Jewelled July at The Outlawz Color Challenge - Week 2


This week, Margaret will be our host at the Outlawz Tuesday Color Challenge. She is challenging us to use the following color combo: Cranberry Red, Pea Green and Coffee Bean Brown. This week the Jewelled July Twist is "Add Ribbon".


I have to be honest and let you know that this week color combo had me totally stunned. I would not normally used these colors together and I was tempted to "call in sick" for this one. I just couldn't come up with anything until I checked my paper stack and it was like all the colors were calling on to me and somehow the craft fairy was inspiring me. My daughter Gabrielle was graduating from University in a few days and I wanted to make a card that expresses her sense of wonder and her wit. I looked in my "A Day for Daisies" (our monthly sponsor) folder to find an image that would say just that and found one that fit perfectly called: New Things.





Our sponsor this month is A Day for Daisie. Tammy, the owner, donated wonderful images to the DT and is offering a $12 gift certificate from her online store to our monthly winner.

I hope you will join us this week at The Outlawz Tuesday Color Challenge. Can't wait to see what you will do with this color combination.




I also entered this card in the following challenges:
Crafty Bloggers Network - Anything Goes
Incy Wincy Designs - Summertime
Make it Monday - always Anything Goes
Tammy Scrapin Corner - Anything Goes
Victorine Originals - Buttons and Ribbon
Addicted to Stamps - Card for Some Special
Stampin' Sisters in Christ - (at least) 1 Circle/Oval Element, (at least) 2 Different Papers, (at least) 1 Embellishment
That Craft Place - Anything Goes

15 comments:

Trina said...

You two look so happy in that pic! Congrats to you both for making it to graduation! Now this card is lovely! I feel you about those colors, but you handled it! The sentiment is truly something special...

Gina L said...

This has got to be one of my fave of your cards ever. I love the layering, the papers, the flowers, the ribbon, the overall design, the image....it's just gorgeous and I am sure Gabby will love it.

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Guylou! You worked wonders with the colors! Congrats to your daughter on her graduation!

sammi said...

Cute cute cute! Love all the added elements! I seen your creation on Make it Monday.

lisa said...

too cute
love this colors and great for summer
Thanks for joining us at
Tammys Scrapin Corner
This week
Lisa Dt member

Tammy Ortiz said...

What a great design. The coloring is so spot on.
I love the color choice.
I am so pleased you
decided to join us for our Challenge.
Hugs, Founder and Owner of Tammy Scrapin Corner, Tammy Ortiz

Kim Kelley said...

Your daughter is gorgeous Miss G! And a huge congrats to her! :) The card is perfect for what you are conveying! I love the button on the butterfly! HUGS

Teresa said...

Beautiful card, fab colours too, thanks for joining in at ATSC someone special challenge Teresa. xx

Erin said...

wonderful work and stunning
Thank you for joining us at
That Craft Place
Erin

Michelle said...

This is a great card! Love the colors and all the wonderful embellies! Thanks for sharing it with us this week at SSiC.
Blessings,
Michelle

Desire Fourie said...

So creative. Wishing you a fab weekend. Hugs Desíre Digistamps4Joy DT Member Doing Life Tammys Scrapin Corner

Pat K said...

Beautiful work. Caught you on MIM, Pat K.x

Samantha said...

Gorgeous card love how you have added your ribbon too, Great to see you at Incy Wincy this week, hugs Samantha :0)

ger76 said...

Stunning card, such beautiful colours and colouring :D

Thanx for joining us at Crafty Bloggers Network Challenge!!

Ger xxx
CBN DT

Kjersti said...

A beautiful card and gorgeous colours!
Thank you for playing along at Addicted to Stamps Someone Special challenge!
Hugs Kjersti:)

Post a Comment