Thursday, May 3, 2012

Punches, dies, and diamonds...oh my + BLOG HOP


Let's see if you are on the right path... If you came from Carla's Blog, you are doing wonderful. If not, then please start at Guylou’s Inimitability or refer to the blog hop list at the end of this post to get you all sorted out. The hop will open on May 4th at 9:00am EST and end at 9:00pm EST on May 5th.

By leaving a comment on my blog and all the participating blogs, you will have a chance to win one of the grand prizes:

First prize 
A Guylou's Inimitability $25 gift certificate 

Second prize 
A Color Me Creative Classroom: one Copic class (winners choice) 

Third prize 
A Guylou's Inimitability $15 gift certificate


We have a great news to share; we have a new member on our team: Carla. I have known Carla only through her participation in our challenges and through The Outlawz forum. All her creations are stunning. I am in awe of her talent and I feel so blessed that she has accepted to join our team. Welcome Carla!!!

For our regular challenge, I prepared the above card. Tracy challenged us to use punches, die cuts and bling on our projects. I used Serena plays her guitar. I like this image because she is fresh, cool and modern. I personally play the guitar and that little image reminds me of me when I was much younger. Oh the memories!!

I used a Spellbinder die template for the image and mat and used a punch by EK for the border. I love that punch because of the fleur-de-lys which represents my French culture. I added little pink diamonds in the center of the fleur-de-lys and a little bling star in the top right corner of the image.

The challenge starts today and ends on May 17th at 10pm. Remember if you use one of my images, you get two entries in the challenge. A random winner will be selected and will win a $10 gift certificate from Guylou's Online Store and will have the opportunity to be a Guest Designer on one of our upcoming challenges.


Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoyed it! Your next stop is Guylou’s Inimitability and then you are done!

Blog Hop Order:
Guylou's Inimitability
Tracy
Gina
Kim
Rozann
Carla
Guylou (you are here)

17 comments:

Catherine said...

Fab card and I just love that image.....

Gina L said...

Hiya, G! I really like the pink and black on this card, that blingy star, and the punching at the bottom. Fun card!

Carla S. said...

Thank you so much for the invitation to join your team and for the warm welcome, Guylou! I am thrilled to be a part of the team! Your card is fabulous! I love the color combo and stripes and the fun image! Awesome coloring!

Jovan said...

Wonderful card!

Margaret said...

Wunderval card, wunderval image, and a wunderval Hop! I can spell, just wanted to be different!) btw, love that guitar too!

Kim Kelley said...

Love the pink and black! Simply gorgeous! I love this image and she turned out wonderful! Love her hair! HUGS

Ellis said...

Great card and nice shiny hair! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Pia S said...

The coloring of the image is great - especially love the work on the hair. And I love that pink and black combo!

Charlene said...

Hey G...great hop that you've put on...am really enjoying seeing everyone's fabby creations. And speaking of fabby...this card is definitely that. You did such a great job of coloring it (of course that's not surprising lol) and I just love that border punch and layering that you did.

Hugs and stuff ~ Char

Lagene said...

Wonderfully colored, love your design & color combo!

THERESA said...

Absolutely gorjuss as always, just love your style!! Been such a great hop with super inspiration!!
ps; cannot leave a comment on Roxann and Carla's blog, a white page appears as soon as i click on comment, arghhhhhhhhhhh, but they both did super creations and i loved it!!
lotsa luv from me to you

Linsey said...

What an enjoyable blog hop Guylou! I bet you look just as gorgeous as young Serena here when you play too :) Your card is fabulous, just as all the creations along the way have been--I joined every one of the ladies blogs lol! Super inspiring and although I'm new to your company, I have a feeling I'll be a regular customer from here on out! Your designs are really great--unique and fun, mixed with pretty and versatile too! Love em--thank you for offering freebies for new peeps like myself or those on a tight budget, that's so kind of you! I will def play along in this challenge and have had a fantastic time being inspired by your DT and getting to know the team as well. They are all so sweet and obviously brimming with creativity! Thanks for all the fun to kick off this weekend! Big hugs and smiles! :)

Linsey said...

I'm back--I can't find a post for this blog hop on Chana's blog :( Her last post seems to be on May 1st, unless it's just me? I went to all the others though! Just wanted to mention that k thanks ;)

CTgirl said...

What a cool card, love the colours you used!
Really enjoyed the very inspiring and fun Blog Hop!

Roxann said...

Gorgeous, G! I love the coloring on your image and the bling is FAB! Such a pretty design and papers, too!
Hugz,
Roxann

Chana said...

Hi, Guylou!

I love this! Your coloring skills have always amazed me. Sorry I couldn't do the hop!

Hugz,
Chana

Lisa Lynn said...

Love your coloring and the star of bling.

Post a Comment