Tuesday, May 22, 2012

May Magnificence at The Outlawz Color Challenge - Week 4


This week, Teresa will be our host at the Outlawz Tuesday Color Challenge. She is challenging us to use the following stunning color combo: Skyplash Pink, Sunset Orange and Skybright Yellow. This week the May Magnificence Twist is "Add inking or painting technique".


I tried to capture the essence of the beautiful sunset on the inspiration photo. I painted a big pink daisy with some light yellow acrylic paint. I made sure that the pink peeks here and there to create a sunset hue. I added some swirled stickers to reproduce the sun rays and I used a raised sticker for the centre of the flower. I also used some shinny orange paper to mimic the sun brightness.


Our sponsor this month is Dearie Dolls Digis. The owner of Dearie Dolls Digis has temporarily closed her online store; it should be back online soon. She donated four wonderful images to the DT and they will be offered to our monthly winner as our prize. Keep an eye for them, they are totally fabulous.


I hope you will join us this week at The Outlawz Tuesday Color Challenge. Can't wait to see what you will do with this color combination.

4 comments:

Kim Kelley said...

So cheery! I love that huge flower! And then the swirls behind it really set if off! HUGS

Jacqueline said...

Your card is my favorite on the Outlaws colour challenge! I love all those details in your card: the centre of the flower, the flower itself and all those glitter swirls. Just lovely!

Teresa Arsenault said...

You rocked this challenge, Guylou. I love your funky flower and the swirls are fab. It was nice to read your creative process as you tried to emulate the sunset. Great job.
Blessings & hugs,
Teresa

Theresa said...

Awesome card Guylou! Love how you used those big flowers and added the swirls behind them! So pretty!

Post a Comment