Sunday, April 8, 2012

Birthday card for my dad


I am moving at the end of the month and I need to start packing my craft supplies. I have a bunch of cards to make for April and May birthdays. It is funny how inspiration runs away when you are under pressure to deliver. The next card on my list was for my dad's birthday. I knew which image I wanted to use because he is such a nature guy. He spends hours walking in the woods and enjoying wild life. I used one of my images for this card, it is called Explorer Bear. I then looked for some inspiration on The Outlawz challenges and found this wonderful sketch in their Sketch challenge. My mojo was back! I hope you like it!


The inside sentiment is in French. Here's the translation: "If someone organised a contest for the most fantastic and lovable dad in the whole wide world... you would win hands down. Happy Birthday to the best of all dads."



6 comments:

Tracy S said...

Cute card G! Love the way you used the twine and the cute nature embellies! Happy Birthday to your dad.

Catherine said...

Gorgeous card and such a cute image....

Kim Kelley said...

Great card G! He is going to love it! Hope he has a wonderful day! HUGS

Trina said...

This is so cute! The sentiment is sweet, too! Your father will love it!

Teresa Arsenault said...

OMGosh! That is adorable, and how special that you even designed the image yourself. Your dad will know he is loved when he receives this card.
Blessings & hugs,
Teresa

Laurian said...

What a great card! I bet your Dad loves it!
Hugz
Laurian

Post a Comment