Monday, March 5, 2012

Mahvelous March at The Outlawz Color Challenge - Week 1


Welcome to a new month of challenges at the Outlawz Tuesday Color Challenge. Sara selected our first color combo: Pink Flamingo, Sun Shower Yellow and Fiesta Orange. Our Mahvelous March Twist for this week is "Add a rosette".


I made the above card for a dear friend who recently turned the big 5-0. She enjoys yoga and I thought my new image called Lotus does Yoga would be perfect for this card. I broadly interpreted the twist by copying a flower from the inspiration image. I picked up the stamp for the inside sentiment in the $1.50 bin at Michael's. I really enjoyed working with this week color combo. I like these three colors together... so festive!!



This month our sponsor is ME, Guylou. Our winner this month will win a $20 gift certificate from my online store. Please take a moment to visit my store and to see all my wonderful images.


I hope you will join us this week at The Outlawz Tuesday Color Challenge. Can't wait to see what you will do with this color combination.



I also entered this card in the following wonderful challenges:
Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes
Kaboodle Doodles - Flowers
Make it Monday - always Anything Goes
Kenny K Krafty Girlz - "Bloom and grow" (Flowers)
Catch The Bug - March Anything goes
Just Some Lines Girly Girls
Poodles Parlour - Birthday

14 comments:

Trina said...

This stamp looks wonderful in color! (it's cool in b/w, but looks great how you've colored it!) Despite the bright colors, you still managed to make this a peaceful card!

Carla S. said...

Great card, Guylou! I love the image and it looks terrific in these pretty colors!

Margaret said...

Mahvelous Darling! LOL! Great card. That's a fabulous image and your coloring is fantastic.

Kim Kelley said...

Very Zen like G! Turned out serene and calming! I love it! HUGS

Jenn Borjeson said...

Adorable card -thanks for joining us at Just Some Lines! :)

Chana said...

Guylou, this is sooooo pretty! I love the colors you guys are using this week! Lotus looks so serene! Love it!!

Chana

Cammy said...

Your colors are so pretty Guylou! Thanks for joining us at Catch the Bug this week!

Tina said...

this is just to cute...love the bright colors...thanks for sharing at just some lines

Tina
dt

Kami-koneko said...

super card, i absolutely love the bright colours! (we all need them while waiting for the spring)...
The image is superbly coloured, I bet she's gonna love the card!

Thanks for sharing with us at KennyKs.
Hugs, DT-Laila

Tammy Miller said...

Wow what a great project! Thanks so much for joining our Anything Goes challenge at CTB! I hope you will join us again!

Jenn Zeeb said...

Love your card. Thanks for joining us for the "Anything Goes Challenge" and hope to see you next week at Catch the Bug.
Jenn Zeeb
DT member for Bugaboo Stamps

Shirley-anne said...

WOW , love that image and rosette but more than that , your colouring is awesome !
Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday

Cheryl First said...

Such a beautiful combination of colors, and that image is fabulous! Thanks for joining in the Catch the Bug Anything Goes Challenge!
Cheryl
DT Member for Bugaboo Stamps

Marie Gamber said...

gooooooorgeous card! Love the colors! Great coloring!
Found your wonderful card at MIM.
Hugs,
Marie XX

Post a Comment