Thursday, March 15, 2012

Guylou's goes one color


This monochromatic challenge was so timely. I needed to make a sympathy card for two of my childhood friends (two sisters) and their family. They lost their mom recently in a snow mobile accident. She was only 69 years old. She was a wonderful person, always so welcoming when I used to visit. I will miss her.


I wanted to make a card that was feminine and serene just like Mme Huot. I chose Gabrielle because she is praying and expresses peace, serenity and beauty. 



The challenge starts today and ends on March 29th at 10pm. Remember if you use one of my images, you get two entries in the challenge. A random winner will be selected and will win a $10 gift certificate from Guylou's Online Store and will have the opportunity to be a Guest Designer on one of our upcoming challenges.

Please take a moment to go see what my fellow DT members and our Guest Designer, Heather, did for this challenge at Guylou's Inimitability.

I also entered this card in the following challenges:
Sassy Studio Designs - Monochromatic
Party Time Tuesdays - Monochromatic
Crafty Sentiments - Things With Wings
Shelly's Images -Anything Goes
Ladybug Crafts Ink TLT Challenge - Anything Goes
Totally Stampalicious - All About Flowers
Digi Doodle Shop's Best - People
House That Stamps Built - sympathy card

15 comments:

Gina L said...

I've always thought that Gabrielle is perfect for a sympathy card. What a sad thing to have to make, though. I feel badly for them and I don't even know them!

Kim Kelley said...

So SO So pretty G! Love your coloring and I agree she is perfect for a sympathy card. So sorry for your friends! HUGS

happyscrapper said...

This is a lovely card. The flowers are the perfect touch. Thanks for joining us at Sassy Studio Designs this week, and hope you will come back next week.
Hugz,
Christine Dt at Sassy Studio Designs

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss Guylou ... your creation is wonderful and will no doubt be well received!
Thanks so much for joining our "ANYTHING GOES" challenge at Shelly's Images! Please come back and join us again real soon!!
Darlene
Shelly's Images DT
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

LilyPinkScraps said...

That's a beautiful card and perfect for a sympathy card - so sorry for the loss of your friend.

Tracy S said...

I am sorry to hear about your friend's mom :( You made a beautiful card for them, though. I love how you colored Gabrielle, especially her hair!

Trina said...

So sorry about you and your friends' loss. I know they will be comforted by Gabrielle's sweet face and what I know are nice words on the inside of the card. Lovely coloring, G!

Chana said...

So sorry about the loss of your friend's mother. Your card is beautiful and I am sure will bring them comfort!

I love the design and Gabrielle is colored beautifully!

Cheri said...

So sorry for the loss of your friends' mom, Guylou. How tragic! Your card is stunning and yes, so peaceful. Thank you for playing along with us at The House That Stamps Built.

Lori said...

So sorry for your loss - your card is very pretty! Thanks for joining us at Totally Stampalicious this week :)

coldwaters2 said...

So sorry for your loss, the card is so soft and serene and very beautiful, thank you for joining our challenge at Crafty sentiments this week.
hugs
Lorraine x

Paige said...

so sorry you were in need of a sympathy card. it is lovely. Thank you for joining us this week at Party Time Tuesdays!

Catherine said...

What a lovely sympathy card, so elegant. Thanks for joining us at LCI this fortnight....

Jen Leeflang said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen Leeflang said...

That beautiful image is certainly one of my favourites! Thanks for entering our "Show us what you got" Challenge at Shelly's Images.
Good luck in the draw -- pop by the blog again tomorrow so you can participate in our next exciting challenge!
luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
SHELLY'S IMAGES DT

Post a Comment