Thursday, March 1, 2012

Fly so high to catch the sky - New challenge at GI


Every time I see a challenge that has to do with wings; I start singing "Wind beneath my wings" by Bette Midler. So it was no exception that I started to sing this song when my dear friend Sara challenged us to make a project that has things with wings. Unfortunately, due to health issues, Sara had to step down from Guylou's Inimitability Design Team. We were all very sad to see her leave and we pray for a quick recovery. Sara, you are the wind beneath my wings! Get well soon!

The good news is that my dear friend Roxann will join us on the team. Roxann and I have been teamies on The Outlawz Tuesday Color Challenge for a year and she is wonderful. We are so happy to have her on the team. Welcome Roxann!


So for Sara's challenge I made a birthday card with Fairy Bear. I usually keep my cards very simple... less risk to mess it up. But this time around I got embellishments busy. The challenge starts today and ends on March 1st at 10pm. Remember if you use one of my images, you get two entries in the challenge.  A random winner will be selected and will win a $10 gift certificate from Guylou's Online Store and will have the opportunity to be a Guest Designer on one of our upcoming challenges.

Also, for 24 hours only starting March 2nd, Fairy Bear will be available for free. Check Guylou's Inimitability for all the details.

Please take a moment to go see what my fellow DT members and our Guest Designer, Carla, did for this challenge at Guylou's Inimitability.

6 comments:

Trina said...

Love the colors on this card! Your bear looks super sweet, and that real bug die cut is awesome!

Carla S. said...

This is so beautiful, Guylou! I love the colors and embellies and the sweet fairy bear! Thanks for having me as GD!

Kim Kelley said...

I too, love that die cut! You did a marvelous job on this card! Love it! HUGS

Tracy S said...

cute card, G! Love that cool die cut.

Gina L said...

I love how you colored the wings, G. Pretty card!

Sara I. said...

I am tearing up over here from your post :( I miss you so, so much but know that Roxann will make a fabulous addition to the team with her talent and amazing personality! Your card is just gorgeous with the flowers and bling - she is just colored perfectly and love all the hints of sparkle in her wings. The papers are just amazing.

Post a Comment