Sunday, March 4, 2012

First Card for the 13th CDAC Progressive Challenge


This is my first entry for the 13th Progressive Challenge at CDAC. You have to be a member of the CDAC site and also of the Progressing Challenge group in order to participate. For every challenge you get wonderful images from quality artists for FREE!! Oh yeah!! FOR FREE!!! There is a small fee if you are joining for the first time or have not met the "one project per challenge" minimum requirement ($1). 

While surfing the net; I came across a page that contains lots of wonderful Irish proverbs. One in particular caught my attention: "May you live to be 100 years, with one extra year to repent." What a great way to live your life. :) I had to make a card with this wonderful saying and that's why I selected to use a wonderful image by Back to Paper called "Miss Beth". She looks like a little Irish girl to me and suited by purpose perfectly.

The papers and embellishments are by Cosmo Cricket: Social Club collection.



6 comments:

Sandi said...

Guylou - Awesome coloring of the image, and that is the perfect sentiment for it too!
☺ Sandi

Starla B. said...

Just beautiful, G! Your coloring is amazing, and I love that Irish saying. It's always been one of my favorites. =D

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

WOW ... this is fabulous Guylou! LOVE your coloring and composition! So glad you've joined us again in the progressive challenge at CDAC ... you work is always an inspiration!
Darlene - CDAC Board/Team Memer

Kim Kelley said...

Love the green and yellow! Her hair looks fantastic! Hugs!!!

Sandra said...

Hi Guylou, I found you at The Outlawz and have been following you for some time. I love your work and find you so inspiring. I have something for you on my blog; http://thecreativeexpressstopshere.blogspot.com/
I think you are deserving of it.
Cheers Sandra :)

Pattie G said...

Guylou,

I just love this card and those colors look great!

Hugs
Pattie ♥

Post a Comment