Thursday, February 16, 2012

Lace and Pearls are always in fashion


Growing up I was a real tomboy. I loved to wear jeans and t-shirts more than dresses and pretty clothes. My poor mom was beside herself every time I walked in the house covered with dirt from head to toes. It was not before my 18th birthday that I finally decided that maybe I should look like a girl since that is what I am. I started wearing dresses and pretty clothes. I even let my hair grow long. I started wearing make up and finally graduated to pumps and cute shoes soon after. It was a real extreme make over. Many years later, I still wear dresses and pretty clothes, but I also love to wear my jeans and t-shirts... they are so much more comfortable. ;)

So when Brenda came up with the new challenge at Guylou's Inimitability and challenged us to make a project using lace and pearls, it brought back all the memories I wrote above.


A while ago, my dear friend Gina gave me some beautiful paper pads. The papers are so pretty and I already used a few on other projects and I knew I wanted to use one set in particular for this one. It is called Madeline by Prima Marketing. I just love the beautiful flower patterns and the great tags that match. I used one of my new images called Lotus goes shopping. I used the version with long hair; it also come with a short hair version. I added a little bit of lace and a whole lot of pink pearls to make it as girly girly as possible.

The challenge starts today and ends at 10:00pm on March 1st. A random winner will be selected and will win a $10 gift certificate from Guylou's Online Store and will have the opportunity to be a Guest Designer on one of our upcoming challenges.

Please take a moment to go see what my fellow DT members and our Guest Designer, Claire, did for this challenge at Guylou's Inimitability.



I also entered this card in the following wonderful challenges:
Penny's Paper-Crafty - anything goes
Digi Doodle Shop's Best - Anything goes
Shelly's Images - Anything goes

13 comments:

LilyPinkScraps said...

Very pretty card! Great image and those papers are truly gorgeous :)

Kim Kelley said...

I love how the sentiment turned out...that is gorgeous! Most definitely girly girl! HUGS

Carla S. said...

Beautiful card, Guylou! I love the papers and the cute image!

Gina L said...

G, you made great use of the papers! What a pretty card! I love how you did the sentiment in the scalloped circle with pearls.

Trina said...

G, after reading your story I had to tell mine! We're, like, the same person! Anyway, love your shiny hair and ALL of those pearls!!

The Card Maker said...

G, thanks for sharing a little of you! I love your design. The papers are wonderful and the image is a 10 on the girly meter!

Tracy S said...

Great card, G! Love Lotus and I love the papers you paired with her.

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

This is AWESOME Guylou! LOVE how you did the sentiment (I'll be copying that idea, LOL) Thanks so much for joining our "ANYTHING GOES" challenge at Shelly's Images! Please come back and join us again real soon!!
Darlene
Shelly's Images DT
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Stampalicious said...

beautiful, love the sentiment, thank you for joining our challenge at Digi Doodle Shop challenges this week, hugs, martina

KraftyKoolKat said...

Fab card. I adore your layout. Thank you for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Challenges this time and good luck.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Melanie said...

An absolutely beautiful card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "Anything Goes" challenge over at Penny's.

Melanie
(DT Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges)

Bettina L. said...

My gosh I love that sweet DP. Your colouring of the hair is superb and love the lace and the use of pearls too. Thanks for playing at Digi Doodle Shop Challenge and good luck. Hope to see you back thursday for a new challenge. Bettina xx

Starla B. said...

Oh, G, this is so gorgeous!! I love the papers, and your coloring is wonderful. Thank you for playing along with Digi Doodle Shop!

xx Star

Post a Comment