Thursday, January 19, 2012

Winter Wonderland Color Challenge at GI

A new year has started... New beginnings! New adventures!! I am so happy GI's challenges are back and  to be able to host the first one this year. I decided to challenge you to make a project with the following Winter colors.


I visited with my mom and dad over the Christmas holidays and I got to see some snow. We haven't had much in T.O. so it was nice to see everything covered in white. While I visited with them, I got to draw new images. One afternoon, as I was lying on my childhood bed and trying to come up with some new images; I noticed my old bear sitting on a shelf. I liked that little bear, but did not play much with him because I was never really interested in dolls and teddy bears while growing up (cars and trucks interested me more, lol!). So, I decided to make a series of images with teddy bears of all sorts. For this project, I decided to use Winter Bear who is all wrapped up for a cold winter day... perfect for this challenge.


I kind of put the snow globe together without any patterns. I like it! I hope I will remember how to do it again. The inside is hard to read. It says:

Sending you a good Canadian winter wish for your birthday
May your day be refreshing like a cold Northern wind and
heartwarming like a delicious hot chocolate after a day
playing in the snow.
Happy Birthday



The challenge starts today and ends at 10:00pm on February 2nd. A random winner will be selected and will win a $10 gift certificate from Guylou's Online Store, a one year online subscription to Through the Craftroom Door magazine and an opportunity to be a Guest Designer on one of our upcoming challenges.


Please take a moment to go see what my fellow DT members did for this challenge at Guylou's Inimitability. What a bunch of talented ladies!!!



I also entered this card in the following wonderful challenges:
Crafty Purple Frog - Anything Goes
DRS Designs -  Snowman
Forever Friends - must include an animal - A Shaped Card (no square)
Sassy Studio Designs - Frosty Winter Colors
Crafting for all Seasons - #18 snowmen/snowflakes 

16 comments:

Sara I. said...

So adorable G!! Love that you made it a shakerbox card with all that snow inside and as always, your coloring is amazing!! Beautiful sentiment! xx

Gina L said...

Love this snowglobe idea, G. Adorable card!

Kim Kelley said...

AWWW this is adorable. Love the snowglobe! Way cool that your bear was still there! HUGS!!!

Starla B. said...

Absolutely adorable!! Fabulous coloring. I'm hoping to be able to play along this time! =D

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

Wonderful card. Great coloring. Thanks for joining us at Dare To Be Sassy Thursday. Hope to see you again next week.

Sara said...

how cute, thanks for playing along with SSD!

busybusyhoneybee said...

Oh man! This is sooo cool! Thanks for playing with us this week at Sassy Studio Designs! Best of luck in the draw this week!
Hugs,
Karen C (Sassy Sister)

Shelia said...

Such gorgeous coloring on this card! Wow!! Your snow globe looks fantastic too! Thanks for playing in this week's challenge at DRS Designs.

Sue said...

Fun snow globe card! Such a cute snow bear!

Thanks for playing at DRS Designs - Good Luck in the contest!

Brenda said...

Fabulous card G!! Love the snow globe effect. Your image is awesome of course!!
hugs, Bren

Chrissy D said...

This is ADORABLE! Love your snowman and design!!! Thanks so much for joining us in the DRS Designs Challenge!

PresentStorm said...

How super fun and creative G! Love the inside sentiment too!

Pam said...

Delightful! Love the snow globe. Thanks for playing with us at DRS.

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

Really cute card. Thanks for joining us for Dare To Be Sassy Thursday at Sassy Studio Designs.

Jennifer E. said...

That image is colored beautifully! Thanks for entering this in DRS Designs Blog Challenge-Good Luck!

teddy bears said...

Hi, nice post. I have been wondering about this topic,so thanks for sharing. I will certainly be subscribing to your blog.

Post a Comment