Thursday, October 20, 2011

F A L L Recipe Challenge at Guylou's Inimitability


I don't know if you noticed in your part of the world that Fall is here. In Toronto, I definitely noticed. The leaves have changed into these beautiful tones of red, orange and yellow and the temperature has taken a major deep (this part I don't like much). In honor of FALL, Guylou's Inimitability has a new challenge. Gina will be our host and she is challenging us to make a project following this F A L L recipe:
  • F = Fabric
  • A = Amber (color)
  • L = Lace
  • L = Leaf or leaves
I love recipe challenges. It makes it easier for me to make a card. I had a bit of a challenge with the fabric item, but after finding a stash of fabric odds and ends in my sowing stuff, I had the idea to make a flower. I somewhat followed a patterned I found at Maize Hutton.

I used Dorothy and Pumpkins for my project. I had fun coloring her. I used amber colored gems to decorate the card and a beautiful lace my friend Theresa from South Africa sent me. You will find my leaf in the center of the flower. :D



The challenge starts today and ends at 10:00pm on November 3rd. A random winner will be selected and will win a $10 gift certificate from Guylou's Inimitability Online Store and an opportunity to be a Guest Designer on an upcoming challenge. Please take a moment and see what my fellow DT members and Jen, our Guest Designer, did for this challenge at Guylou's Inimitability. Happy Fall to everyone!!

I also entered this project in the following projects:
C.R.A.F.T. - Autumn/Fall
Art Impressions Stamps Challenge - Lace
Little Miss Muffet Challenges - Girly Girl
Shelly's Images - Anything Goes
Paper Shelter Challenge -  #36 Harvest

16 comments:

Brenda said...

This is fabulous. Your coloring is so gorgeous! i love, love your flower!!!hugs~Bren

Sara I. said...

Gorgeous card, G! Love that flower in that shade and as always, you've colored her to perfection!! The inside is just as beautiful as the outside! xx

Trina said...

G, I love the shine on her pigtails! Love the gems and the colors!

Thanks for playing at Little Miss Muffet Stamps! (I would have come to give you some love anyway!!)

Kim Kelley said...

I don't know what fall is out here! lol I love this card! Her denim skirt is adorable with her little boots!

Anne Fenton said...

Great card Guylou...love your image, Thanks for joining us at Art Impressions.

Tracy S said...

Very cute G!~ I can't believe you made that flower!! You go girl. Love it. Also really love your coloring.

Carmen said...

G, u used some nuce paper. And the flower is awesome! And ofcourse the coloring is perfect as usuall!

Nikbee said...

A beautiful card. I love the flower. Thank you for joining us at CRAFT.
Nikki x

Renlymats World of Family & Crafts said...

This is really cute. I love how you colored the little cowgirl. Thanks for joining us at Art Impressions this week. Hope to see you back again soon!
Renee
AI DT

Hi...I'm Cindy said...

what an adorable image, great card, nicely done, glad you pointed out the leaf, I didn't notice it at first, lol think I need stronger glasses
Cindy from TO site

Sharon said...

What a fantastic creation.
Thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. this week, hope to see you again soon.
Hugs Sharon x

Gina L said...

What a cool flower, G. I love the leaf you added to it. As usual, your card made me smile.

Marie said...

A great card! Looks wonderful! Thanks for joining us in our harvest challenge over at TPS challenges.
Love n hugs
Marie

Debs said...

Gorgeous card, love that cute image and lovely embellies. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter.
Hugs Debs

Gail said...

just beautiful..love the image and the colors..great take on the flower..i'm a new follower from the outlawz..tfs..loves ya

Pryn said...

Fabulous card with beautiful coloring! I am so loving that flower you made!!!

Love and Hugs to you my DT Sistah<3

Post a Comment