Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Christmas Card Therapy


I worked really hard today. I clean my entire basement. When I mean cleaning, I mean cleaning: dusting, washing, vacuuming, scrubbing and scrubbing some more. I started at 8:30am this morning and stopped at 8:00pm. I was exhausted, in pain and totally drained; I just wanted to crawl to bed. I really wanted to, but just couldn't do it. I felt I needed to relax and what better way to relax than coloring images. I needed to get started on my Christmas cards and I chose Roger and Chuck get a Christmas tree for my first one. I was amazed at how easy it all came together. It was like Christmas Card therapy for my weary brain and body. I really needed it!

 

I also entered this card in the following challenges:
Make it Monday - always Anything Goes
Pollycraft - Boys
Card Cupids - Use a Decorative Punch of Some Type (my snowflakes are made using a punch)
I Did It Creations - Anything Goes
One Stitch At A Time - Anything Goes

14 comments:

Shirley-anne said...

Perfect colouring and lovely paper combination .

Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday
When commenting on another’s MIM entry don’t forget to mention that you saw it on MIM and the more entries you comment on in this way, the more chances you have of winning.

Shirley-Anne

Trina said...

Well, you have a clean basement and a great Christmas card, too! Your coloring looks amazing! I can't stop looking at the shading under their coats...

Hi...I'm Cindy said...

what an awesome card, the colours are so vibrant and the inside is so warm. tfs
Happy Birthday neighbour, thanks for visiting my blog and following I appreciate it and the love you left for me. I have extra special love for you, Happy Birthday my dear. We live so close, I am in Brantford and might be coming in to T.O. this wkend or next.\Hope u have a blessed day

Gina L said...

Great Christmas papers and I love the snowflakes. I am impressed that you did 12 straight hours of cleaning, girl. When can you come to my house?!? LOL

Brenda said...

LOVE it!!! Fabulous image. Colored so beautifully, love the papers, design, it just comes together beautifully!! Hugs~Bren

Kim Kelley said...

Great card G! The coloring is beautiful! Love the image!

Sheena said...

Wow a great boy's card - your colouring is fantastic! Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft this week, Sheena xx

Carmen said...

Great card G!

Sara I. said...

Gorgeous coloring and love how they match the papers perfectly!! The snowflakes are adorable and add the perfect touch! xx

Gina L said...

Happy Birthday, G!!! Do me a favor and head over to Bren's blog. She's got something she wants you to see. http://brenscraps.blogspot.com

Tammy said...

Adorable card and your coloring is AWESOME!! I saw this at MIM and came by for a closer look!
Hugs, Tammy

Gaynor said...

What a super card, Love the image, thanks for sharing with us at OSAAT, hope to see you again, Gaynor :)

Choccy said...

Beautiful !! I love how you have coloured your creation.
Thanks for sharing with us at One Stitch At A Time for our 'Anything Goes' Challenge.
Good Luck !
Hope to see you back next week :O)

Choccy x

Kerrie said...

Oh my this is just gorgeous, your colouring is fantastic...

Thanks for sharing your creation with Make It Monday.
Don't forget......... if you leave a comment on another entry, mention that you saw their card on "Make It Monday" for a chance at second prize. The more entries you comment on the more chance you have of winning second prize.

Post a Comment