Thursday, September 15, 2011

Thank you, You're a Star Challenge at Guylou's Inimitability


It is time for another challenge at Guylou's Inimitability. I will be your host and I am challenging you to make a "Thank you" card and at least one star must be on your project. The star can be an embellishment, a stamp or digistamp or on any of the papers you will use.

I made the above card with one of my new images called "Genie". Genie is lounging and relaxing after a long day granting wishes. I used my Fiskars Golden marker to color the lamp and the bowl. I used vellum for her skirt and added some stars to her turban and shoes. The papers are by Jillibean and are called "Soup Staples" and "Chilled Strawberry Soup".




The challenge starts today and ends at 10:00pm on September 29th. There is a big prize for this challenge; you can win a $10 gift certificate from Guylou's Inimitability Online Store. Please take a moment and see what my fellow DT members did for this challenge at Guylou's Inimitability. They never cease to amaze me!! Can't wait to see what you will come up with!

This card was also entered in the following challenges:
Creatalicious Challenges - Anything Goes
Crafty Ribbons - Anything Goes
Shelly's Images - Anything Goes

10 comments:

Trina said...

Great minds, indeed! I was going to put some vellum on her skirt until I cut my circle and saw that I didn't have very much of the skirt showing! THOSE STARS on her SHOES are too fabulous! Plus, your coloring is perfect!

Sara I. said...

love, love, love her!!! her skirt is done perfectly - what an awesome way to make it stand out!! Fabulously colored (as always, gf!) and those papers are fantastic!! The design is amazing! xx

Dana said...

Love the hot pinks and greens together! One of my fav color combos!! Another wonder to behold : )

Gina L said...

Love this color combo and how you added the vellum for her skirt. What a cool idea. The circle sentiment works great in the scallops.

Kim Kelley said...

Really love this image and card G! The colors just work perfectly and I agree with Gina..love the vellum!

Sorry so late posting..computer issues!

Brenda said...

The vellum for her skirt is perfect!! I love the stars on her slippers. Love the papers, and your coloring is amazing as always!!! Absolutely love it, Bren

Louise said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious challenge blog
Louise

Amanda said...

Such a lovely card,thanks for joining us at Shelly's!

Amanda

Tessa en Anke said...

So lovely. Love the colours.
thanks for joining us at crafty ribbons.
hugs Tessa & Anke

cebelica said...

Fabby card! Thanks for playing with us at Crafty ribbons. Hugs!

Post a Comment