Saturday, August 6, 2011

Two Child Birthday Cards


Just got two orders for child birthday cards from two clients. The first one had to have a Disney Cars theme. I did not have a digi of this very popular little car and since Disney images are copyrighted, I decided to search on the internet for a Cars coloring page and found one at Squidoo.

I always have a bit of a hard time with child birthday cards. I want to make sure they are bright, fun and safe.

Just a tidbit about the little car I used as a prop in my photo. I purchased that little car when I was about 7 years old with my own money. While I was visiting my parents recently, I found it in my old closet and decided to bring it back with me out of nostalgia. I am glad I did... it is a perfect prop for this card.



The second order was for a two year old godchild. My client requested that his name be on the card and to use little boy colors. I had this beautiful rubber stamp by SonLight Impressions called Celebration. I have never used it before and thought it would be perfect for a two year old child card. It did not fit properly on the card I was making, so I stamped it, scanned it and resized it to what I needed. Isn't it the sweetest little birthday bear you have ever seen?




Challenges entered:
Card Makin' Mamas - cards only - birthday cards
Fabulous Friday - color in an image
Glitter Geeks - furry and feathery friends
Craft Us Crazy - Anything goes in August
Dutch Dare Card Challenge - For the kids

12 comments:

Kim Kelley said...

AWW G! they are both adorable! They are both perfect for a boy's B-day!

scrappingmom73 said...

Wow! Great job on the cards. They look great! Thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs.
Lydia

Trina said...

G, these are so precious! You did an awesome coloring job, and the layouts are perfect!

Stacey G.- 2 Craf-t-4u said...

Both are adorable! Thank You so much for joining us at Dutch Dare this week!

Ciska said...

Both are great, I think you did a really good job making these children's birthday cards! Thanks for joining in on our challenge over at Card Makin' Mamas!

Brenda said...

Both cards are GORGEOUS!!! The bright colors are perfect! Your coloring is amazing!

Shelby said...

What a perfect little boy card! And your coloring is amazing. Thanks for joining us at Glitter Geeks this week, good luck and hope to see some more of your great work!

Shelby

Steph M said...

Lovely little boys card. So colourful and fun!
Thanks for joining us at Glitter Geeks and good luck.
Steph xx

Angela said...

I cannot think of anyone who would not just love these cards!! Gorgeous and great coloring too!! Thank you for joining in at frosted designs this weekxx

Sara I. said...

These are such precious little boy cards!!! Who doesn't love Lightening McQueen?! The stars are the perfect embellie and love them placed around the image! The 2nd card is super sweet with that Happy Birthday border and Aiden's name is big bold letters! Awesome, awesome cards!

Helen Anderson said...

Brilliant card for a child's birthday! Thanks for joining us at Glitter Geeks and good luck :).

Helen xx

Dot said...

Wonderful birthday cards, I like your choice of colours...thanks for sharing with us at DDCC this week.
Dorte,x

Post a Comment