Thursday, August 18, 2011

Sketch Challenge at Guylou's Inimitability


Guylou's Inimitability is having a much easier challenge this week. Carmen is our host and she prepared a wonderful sketch. I love sketches!!! Once I figure out which papers I want to use, it is a piece of cake. Here's the sketch:

I made the above card for a friend who is getting married in a few weeks. I wanted the card to be colorful and fun and I needed to make sure there would be red and gold on it as these are the traditional wedding colors in their culture. The image I used is new and is called Romeo and Juliette - Version 1. I created two versions of the image to match different cultures. You can see the other version here. The papers are by Bella Blvd; in their collections: Sophisticates (#215-Sprinkles & Lace & #223-Tail Tags) and Family Dynamix (#189-The Littlest Things).



Please take a moment to go see what my fellow DT members and our Guest Designer did for this challenge. All the projects are soooooo beautiful! Please visit Guylou's Inimitability to get the details and you can visit their blogs to leave them some luv too! :)

There is a prize to win. A winner will be selected randomly and will get a $5 Gift Certificate from Guylou's Inimitability Online Store and an opportunity to be a Guest Designer in an upcoming challenge. Don't forget... if you use a GI image on your project, you double your chances to win.

The challenge at Guylou's Inimitability starts today and ends on September 1st at 10:00pm. Looking forward to see your master pieces.

6 comments:

Brenda said...

Gorgeous!!! Love the beautiful, bright papers. Fabulous image and sentiment. Love how it all came together!!!

Gina L said...

I love how the white sentiment pops against the paper. I also like the white border around the image, and the image is so sweet, G! I think it's cool that you did two different ones for different ethnicities.

Sara I. said...

I never would be able to pull this off with all those different patterns but you nailed it!! Love all the bright colors with this fabulous image (one of my faves!!) The sentiment is gorgeous!!

Kim Kelley said...

Love it G! The colors really set the image off! And I love the sentiment and words inside! Beautiful card!

Carmen said...

Guylou, your card is fabulous! I like the colours you used. It's such a colourful wedding card! Very nice!

Roxann said...

This is so gorgeous Guylou! The image is adorable and the colors so vibrant! A great modern wedding card!

Post a Comment