Thursday, August 4, 2011

Anything BUT a card COLOR challenge at Guylou's Inimitability


I am the host for this Guylou's Inimitability challenge. I thought to spice it up a bit by asking that the project be NOT a card while using these sweet summer colors:


Well, well, well... that was not easy. I guest I am so used to make cards; I had to put my thinking cap on and see what I could come up with. Then I had an "Eureka" moment! I have a bunch of yellow sticky pads in my house and I figure it would be a nice little gift if I would create a holder for them. I used a empty cereal box to make the cover and some paper that was awesome for the color combo. I also used a new image called "Breakfast" and colored it to match. I am quite happy with the result.


 

You have to go see what my fellow DT members and our Guest Designer did for this challenge. I am surprised by the variety of the projects and they are all sooooooo awesome!! Please visit Guylou's Inimitability to get the details and you can visit their blogs to leave them some luv too! :)

There is a prize to win. A winner will be selected randomly and will get a $5 Gift Certificate from Guylou's Inimitability Online Store and an opportunity to be a Guest Designer in an upcoming challenge. Don't forget... if you use a GI image on your project, you double your chances to win.

The challenge at Guylou's Inimitability starts today and ends on August 18th at 10:00pm. I can't wait to see what you will do!! Go on! Go create!!! And have fun!!!

Other challenges entered:
AiFactory - Anything Goes
Craft Us Crazy -Anything goes in August
Crafty Purple Frog - Anything but a card
Crafts and Me - #46 anything goes
For Fun Challenges - anything goes
Kelley Kid's - Anything goes

19 comments:

Reflections from Granny said...

What great little gifts and just love your new image, how cute on gift tags for homemade treats.

Hugs, Lori m

Sara I. said...

This is definitely one of my new favorite images G and you've colored it perfectly!! What an adorable project that doubles as a cute gift! I think you've inspired me to do something with all my post-its!! ~hugs xx

Starla B. said...

This is so bright and happy! Definitely gorgeous. Love that it's a post-it holder!!

Kim Kelley said...

WOW G...love this idea and the colors go great with the image! Will have to try this project out too!hugs

Bonna Kelley said...

This is just a good idea and something I am sure my grand kids would love. I love the colors, so bright and happy. Beautiful work!
Thank you for joining us at the Kelley Kid's Challenge Blog.
Best of Luck,
Bonna

Helen Dooley said...

Love this- what a bright card. Very vibrant. Thanks so much for playing along on FOr fun.

Gina L said...

G, you know I am honest, so I admitted on my blog that this challenge was HARD for me. I'm glad we did it, though! I think I had fun with shrinkydinks, which I might have never done otherwise. Anyway, I love your project idea. What a great gift for coworkers, too. I could see making up some of these for Christmas and stuff. You go, girl!!!

By the way, when I get another coupon from Michael's, I will use it to get you some shrinkydink paper and send it out your way.

gina g said...

Fabulous creation. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me this week. luv gina xx

Colleen Holmes said...

Cheerful and beautiful sticky pad holder! Love these colors together with beautiful image! Hugz, Colleen

Geneviève aka Muscade said...

Great gift! I did this as a gift for my family, some time ago. Simple and convenient!
Thanks for playing with us @ Kelley Kid's Challenge!
Genevieve

Brenda said...

I love this project. One that I keep meaning to try myself. love the new image.

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What a fab gift idea. I know it's strange when we are pushed out of our comfort zone sometimes we struggle but you have done a fab job here with anything but a card. Thank you for taking part in the Crafty Purple Frog Challenge this fortnight and I wish you the best of luck in the draw. Best wishes, Kym (The Crafty Purple Frog Design Team Member) xxx

craftybunny said...

Bright and beautiful project.Great work.Thanks for joining us at AiFactory.Hope to see you again next week :D
Lisa x

sallysbitz said...

This is a brilliant creation x

Thanks for joining us this week @ For Fun Challenges & Good Luck x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.com

Bonna Kelley said...

Congrats Guylou!
You are a winner at the Kelley Kid's Challenge Blog!
Make sure to check it out and get in touch with Tammy to receive you prize.
Hope to see more entries from you!
Big Hugs,
Bonna

Trina said...

G, I just saw your name as a winner on Feline Playful and went all around the world to see what card of yours won! :D Congrats!!

Petra said...

I love making altered projects, and you've done such a great job here. Thanks for joining us at AiFactory this month :)

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

great job!
thanks for showing us at TCPF!

Kathy D. said...

Love the bright colors you used.
I figured you were the Guylou from scrapbook.com and I was right!!
Thanks for playing at For Fun Challenges. Hope to see you today when the new challenge is posted!

Post a Comment