Thursday, June 16, 2011

Sweet Summertime Challenge at Guylou's Inimitability


I love Summer, the sun, the heat, the pool, the flowers and the garden parties. When Gina challenged us to make a project having the word "Sweet" visible and having a summer feel, I could not resist to make this card. I used Leah at the Cocktail Party and made my own sentiment, making sure that the word "Sweet" is visible. I made this card for my friend's upcoming 40th birthday. She is having a Summer Cocktail party and it will be totally fabulous. I wanted the card to be fresh and glam reflecting the mood of the event. I am looking forward to go and have a great old time!


The challenge at Guylou's Inimitability starts today and ends on June 30th at 10:00pm. You could win a $5 gift certificate from Guylou's Inimitability store and an opportunity to be a Guest Designer in an upcoming challenge. Put on some upbeat summer music on and get to your crafting table to create a wonderful summer project. Don't forget to put the word "Sweet" somewhere visible on your project.

Oh and... Don't forget to visit my fellow DT members' blogs and see what they have done and also our Guest Designer, Charlene! You can find all the links on the Guylou's Inimitability Challenge blog.  The projects are all gorgeous!!!

9 comments:

Gina L said...

Such an elegant, yet fun card, G. I really like that flowery paper and your sentiment is fantastic.

Brenda said...

OK, I love your sentiment. So 40 is the new 16 huh!!!! Too funny!!! Love your card. your design is gorgeous. Your coloring amazing!! Absolutely beautiful card!!
hugs, Bren

Brenda said...

Oh yeah, I need to try one of these cards!!!

Kim Kelley said...

I love this card. Such a different take on the theme. And so perfect! The colors are wonderful and your coloring is fantastic! So I will be 16 in September! YEA

hugs

Kim

Crystal said...

Oh WOWOWEEEE I LOVE these colors hun, this is FABULOUS~!!!!

foxyenglishcrafter said...

Love your card. I love the image, classy and elegant and coloured so brilliantly. Thanks for sharing. It is truly inspirational

Julie

Starla B. said...

Oh, sweetie, I LOVE this image!! It's fab, dahling! Fantastic card.

FYI, I left you a surprise on my blog. Make sure to stop by! =D

Carmen said...

G, I love this image! Well Leah is one of my favs so... I like the colourcombo of the paper and cardstock and the image is colored perfect! Really nice card!

Charlene said...

G this card is gorgeous. Leah is so elegant and you have made a card that reflects that elegance perfectly. And I love the sentiments that you went with.

Post a Comment