Thursday, June 30, 2011

Stars & Stripes Challenge at Guylou's Inimitability


I have been waiting for this long weekend a long time. It has been so busy at work and at home; I am exhausted. I love the long weekend in July as it is the birthday celebration of Canada on July 1st. Canada Day is the national day of Canada, a federal statutory holiday celebrating the anniversary of the July 1, 1867, enactment of the British North America Act (today called the Constitution Act, 1867), which united three British colonies into a single country, called Canada, within the British Empire. Originally called Dominion Day, the name was changed in 1982, the year that Canada gained full independence from the United Kingdom.

Just like our American neighbours, we,Canadians, celebrate our independence with many activities such as parades, carnivals, festivals, barbecues, air and maritime shows, fireworks, and free musical concerts, as well as citizenship ceremonies for new citizens.

This year, I decided not to attend the planned events, but enjoy my pool and some R&R. I have some renovation plans to do too, but I will not over do it. :)

This week, Sara challenged us to make a project using Stars and Stripes. Since I am not American and do not celebrate the 4th of July, I decided to make a card for my friend Aga to wish her farewell and success at her new job.



I used Manager Brenda to make the card. She reminded me a lot of Aga.

The challenge at Guylou's Inimitability starts today and ends on July 14th at 10:00pm. You could win a $5 gift certificate from Guylou's Inimitability store and an opportunity to be a Guest Designer in an upcoming challenge. Don't forget to visit my fellow DT members' blogs and see what they have done and also our Guest Designer, Melissa! You can find all the links on the Guylou's Inimitability Challenge blog.

I am looking forward to see what you will come up with.

10 comments:

Trina said...

Happy Canada Day, G! That sure is one big, cute card! Love the bright colors!

Brenda said...

Happy Canada Day!! I love your card and of course I love your image! i am sorry you have been so busy at work and home. I wish I could come lounge by your pool and do absolutely nothing, with a drink in my hand!!!
Hugs~Bren

Carmen said...

G, I like the colours you used to make this card. Manager Brenda is colored so beautiful! Great card!

Dana said...

Happy Canada Day! Very cute twist on the stars and stripes! I am sure she will love it : )
Hugs~
Dana

Sara I. said...

Happy Canada Day dear friend!!! This card is so fun and awesome I just love it!!! Your shading is exquisite and those papers are so yummy and bright!!! Love the big farewell-very cute!! Love, love, love it!

Starla B. said...

Happy Canada Day!! Fabulous card. I'm glad to see how much she loved it! =D

Kim Kelley said...

Perfect G! I love your coloring and the colors you chose! What a perfect way to send off someone on their new job! I hope you have a perfectly wonderful long weekend and Happy Canada Day you perfectly wonderful person! HUGS

Tracy S said...

LOVE this fab card! Love how huge it is, the colors, design and how you did the sentiment in black. It make sit all pop.

Gina L said...

Happy Canada day! Either Aga is a small woman or that's one big card! Great design.

Roxann said...

Love your card, Guylou! Your coloring is awesome as always!
Hugz,
Roxann

Post a Comment