Thursday, June 2, 2011

Not Three, Not Two, but one... one color! It's monochromic time!


If you are wondering what my blog title means... well let me tell you about the new challenge at Guylou's Inimitability. It's a monochromic challenge. This means that you are challenge to make a project that appears to have only one color. One color only is boring, but many tones within that color can make your project a very interesting one.

The challenge starts today and ends on June 16th at 10:00pm. No time to waste, put your thinking cap on and create a monochromic challenge. You could win two Guylou's Inimitability digistamps and an opportunity to be a Guest Designer in an upcoming challenge.

The winner will also win a one year PDF subscription from Through The Craftroom Door magazine. A value of $17. Isn't this fantastic!!!


I made the above card for my brother Richard's birthday. I chose Frederic for my card as he reminds me a bit of a younger version of my brother. I kept the card simple and tried to make it as manly as possible (something that is not always easy for me). Although it was very hard to use only one color tone, I am very pleased with the results.


You have to go see what my fellow DT members and our Guest Designer, Shelly has prepared for this challenge. You can see their projects at Guylou's Inimitability and click on the images to visit their blogs and get more details about their work. Please, don't forget to leave them so "luv"!! We all love to be "luuuuved". :D

I really hope you will give a try to this challenge and show us your stuff! Don't be shy! We love to see what you can come up with! Remember, you will have until June 16th, 10:00pm to enter your project in the challenge.

9 comments:

Gina L said...

Alright, G, I have not seen this image before and I want it!!! I love it!!! Your card makes me want him even more, too.

Brenda said...

Wow G, what a fabulous card and perfect image!! Love your design. Your card is so clean and crisp and gorgeous!!
hugs, Bren

Sara I. said...

Luuuurrrrve your card G!!! And I love Frederic!! Love the bg paper and design. Your coloring always leaves me speechless and as my daughter says - it looks 3d Mom!!! Fabulous card and I'm sure your brother will love it, too!

missstarlamae said...

Left some love over at CDAC...but I just had to come by here and tell you how fabulous your card is!! I LOVE the image...and your coloring is awesome. Such a great boy card! (I'm jealous, those are so hard for me. LOL) Hugs!

Star

Kim Kelley said...

I really love the colors you used with this image. It really sets it off!I think I need this image!

Colleen Holmes said...

Love the colors you used and the image is too cute!! I will be back to get it for it's perfect for father's day!! Awesome job with the coloring!! Hugz!

Naomi said...

What a great card for a guy, very classy! Too bad I can't understand the sentiment, lol. I'm now a follower. Found you at The Outlawz.

Hugs,
Naomi

Reflections from Granny said...

Love the different shades, really amazing stamp, just perfect in every way. Hugs, Lori m

PresentStorm said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this card and that image. This is perfection!!Those trees are so realistic looking.

Post a Comment