Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Outlawz Tuesday Colour Challenge - Lime, Charcoal and White


This week at The Outlawz Tuesday Color Challenge, we are going to play with Lime, Charcoal and White. The February Frolic is "Add Bling".

I have to admit that when I saw the inspiration photo (on the right), I was a bit scared. I had never used this colour combo before and I even told my fellow DT members that this would be a great challenge for me. I needed to make a card set to give as a birthday gift to my friend Zahra. I started with finding an image that I would be able to colour in this week colours and that she would love. I found this wedding shoe by Just Inklined and then my mojo kicked in. I searched through my stack to find pp that would compliment the image and a simple ribbon and black pearls to dress up the cards. Zahra loved her gift.


I hope you will join us this week at The Outlawz Tuesday Color Challenge. I am looking forward to see what you will do with this colour combination. Don't forget the frolic: "Add Bling".

Card Details:
Digistamp:  Wedding shoe by Just Inklined
Size: 4.25 x 5.5 inches
Papers: All Dressed Up by DCWV and A la Carte by American Crafts
Cardstock: Paperbilities - Black
Embellishments: Ribbon and Black Pearls by Dollarama
Copics:
N7, YG21, YG63, YG67

5 comments:

Brenda said...

Guylou, you rocked this challenge. I love the cards you made. The image is gorgeous. I love the added ribbon and black pearls. so pretty!

Starla B. said...

Oooh, G, this is gorgeous!!! Great job!

Gina L said...

What a great set, G! I love that shoe and it was perfect for this color combo.

Kim Kelley said...

So very elegant looking. Just a beautiful set!

Sara I. said...

holy cow! this is fabulous !!! That color combo is definately daunting but you made it look so easy peasy to do! Beautiful lo, delicious glittery swirls and I love the sheer ribbon - perfect!

Post a Comment