Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I would have never thought...

Last night my dear friend Patsy came over for a glass of wine and to choose the papers for a card she wanted me to do. She trusts me on the design, but always wants to choose the paper. She says that she loves to go through my stack and to see all the colours, patterns and textures. I don't mind since that is one less thing to think about when I make a card for her. 

The card is for one of her co-worker's 10th anniversary with the company where they work. Her co-worker likes subdue colours, so she went for more earthly colours. I asked her to go through my own images first to see if there was anything she would like and for some very unexpected reason, she chose Abigail. Really! I was surprised! Abigail is the first digi I have created. She told me that she looks like her co-worker and that she has the same demeanor. I was pleasantly surprised since I was not sure if Abigail should stay in my online store. You never really know who will like your digis and for what reason.

We had a good laugh coming up with the sentiment. I came up with the one on the front of the card. That was easy! The inside was more difficult and we were ROFL with all kinds of suggestions:
1. I'm surprised you lasted that long.
2. You must be approaching retirement soon!
3. Are you insane?
4. Why?
5. Does it still hurt after all these year?

But after getting it all out of our systems, we decided for:
"No really.... 10 years!! You gotta be kiddin'!"

Card Details:
Digistamp: Abigail by Guylou's Inimitability
Papers: Basic Grey - Granola
Embellishments: Copper Pearls by Dollarama
Embossing: Sizzix - Flower Vine
Copics:
Hair: E30, E33, E35
Skin: R11, E01, E00, E0000
Lips: E04
Shirt: B91, B95, B97, W6, W3

8 comments:

Crystal said...

what a fabby image and LOVE that sentiment!! Your coloring is FANTASTIC!! Terrific creation!

Gina L said...

Cute card, G. I'm glad you decided to keep Abigail, because I like her attitude!

Scrappin Chris said...

I love it. Abigail is my kinda gal. Wish I was still working. There are several in the office I worked in that she would have fit perfect for.

Brenda said...

Love it G!!! What a great sentiment. Last year I hit 10 years at my job, I would have loved that card!!

Starla B. said...

G, this card is fabulous! I love Abigail!

Sara I. said...

Awesome! Love the paper triangles in the lo, along with the embossed cardstock! Her hair is colored gorgeously - such pretty shades of browns and tans!

Kim Kelley said...

I think that she did well in picking the earthy tones with Abigail. And I love how you put it all together. Coloring is FABU as always! HUGS

Charlene said...

G, she is just too adorable...I have a dd that has that same attitude! lol The card is fabulous...love the colors and patterns that she chose and that sentiment is perfect! Like Sara, I love the way you did her hair.

Post a Comment