Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Outlawz Tuesday Colour Challenge


This week the colour challenge at The Outlawz is PINK and BROWN. I love pink, that's my favorite colour and it works beautifully with brown. So I was quite happy to work with that colour combo. Danni, a fantastic friend of mine, made that totally awesome bra and pantie card two years ago and I always wanted to try making one, but being single, I could not come up with an occasion to use it. Since Valentine is around the corner and I have some orders for V cards from friends and co-workers, I thought this design would make a pretty awesome card for the occasion.. You can find the pattern at Stamp Owl's Studio.

It was pretty challenging to photograph this card as it has something on both side. Here are some close-ups to help you see the details:

I used my paper shapers (34-0001) scissors to cut the lace. The ribbon is from the Dollarama and the heart locket is a gift from my dear friend Theresa from South Africa. She recently blessed me with wonderful goodies to use on my cards.

I can't remember who the paper I used is from. Sorry about that.

The back of the card is the pantie part. I hand drew a tattoo on her cheek. It is a winged heart that says "Forever".

I used Copic R46 for the heart, C9 for the lettering and B000 for the wings.

The inside sentiment says:
We really make a great pair!
Happy Valentine!

Thanks for stopping by my blog, I always love visitors! I hope I inspire you and that you will visit the The Outlawz Tuesday Color Challenge and play along. We are looking forward to see your creations! You have the entire month of January to complete each of the challenges!!

Other challenges where I entered this card:
Papertake Weekly Challenge - Ribbons and Pearls
One Stop Craft Challenge - Week 114 - Card for a Male
Stamps R Us - Challenge #12 Shaped Card

11 comments:

Brenda said...

G, this card is fabulous. I love the tatoo added! Also love that you added a necklace. Fabulous!!

Jennifer said...

What a cool blog!!! This is amazing here...I wanna pull up a stool and have a drink like at the saloon : )

Charlene said...

G - this is too cute. Love the tattoo and the wonderful little necklace you added.

PresentStorm said...

Oh la la ..sexy sexy girl! Love the lace you did with the shaped scissors and the necklace is genius! You go girl!

Gina L said...

I love the lace, necklace, and tattoo. I really like the subtle print on the patterned paper, too. I need to try one of these! I always figured I'd use the sentiment "your friendship lifts me up" or "your friendship is the most uplifting thing in my life without underwire." However, I really like your sentiment, too! It cracked me up.

Sara I. said...

LOL, this is one of the most awesome cards I've ever seen!! Lovin' the color combo (pink and brown is one of my faves, too!) and that pretty little heart and tattoo make the card! Fabulous all the way around!

Kim Kelley said...

Definately OOOOOh LA LA. Very well can't say cute cause more than that...sexy, sophisticated and I love it!

jimlynn said...

Oh SO CUTE!!! Love that little heart on the buns. Precious.
Thanks for playing along at Stamps R Us Challenges.
Lynn

gina g said...

Brilliant card well done. Thanks so much for joining us at the OSCC this week. luv gina xx

Angie said...

Fab card thanks for joining us at papertake weekly
Angie x

Shelley said...

Wow this looks amazing. Thanks for joining in this weeks OSCC. Hugs Shelley x

Post a Comment