Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Outlawz Tuesday Colour Challenge - Orange, Grey & Cream


This week the colour challenge at The Outlawz is ORANGE, GREY and CREAM. The colour combo is inspired by the photo on the right. 

The first thing that came to my mind when I saw the colour combo was the "Flyers of Philladelphia". This colour combo screams sport team colours. A friend's birthday is coming up and it is a tradition to make a card that somewhat makes fun of him. Last year I made a card with a fire fighter ready to hose down a fire with the following words in big letters: "Call 911, I just saw a big fire". Inside, a guy holding a cake with hundreds of candles, saying: "Nevermind, it's just your birthday cake." 

My friend has gained some weight lately and we are trying to encourage him to be eat better and exercise more. He is a young guy, single and has his whole life in front of him. We want to make sure that he will enjoy a long life by making healthy choices. He has a great sense of humour and I know he will have a good laugh and maybe, just  maybe, this will be enough to get him off the couch and into the gym.

This cute image is by M. Duy. I found it by googling "Couch patato Coloring Book" and it is located at http://www.coolcarl.com/page/page/5288136.htm. I had a great time colouring this image which offers so many little details. I don't know who made the paper. It is orange and grey and has sport team names on it.  The #1 tag is from a school tag set I bought a long time ago at the Dollarama (just love that store).

Here are the Copics I used to colour this card:
Couch: C3, C6, C9
Patato: E53, E55, E57
Skin: E000, E00, E02
Hair and Coke bottle: E71, E74, E77
Pillow, bag of chips and pops: YR12, YR16, YR18, YG05, YG07, YG09
Runnig Shoes and box of cookies: B000, B02, B06

Thanks for stopping by my blog and checking out my card! I hope you will be inspired and play along in The Outlawz Tuesday Color Challenge. You have the entire month of January to complete each of the challenges!!

5 comments:

PresentStorm said...

LOL that image is too cute and perfect! Love what you did with this.. right down to the sports team named bg pp. Nicely done G

Brenda said...

G, I love it. You have a great sense of humor that shines through in your cards. Your friend will love it!! Your coloring is so fabulous!! That image is so funny!

Pryn said...

Adorable card Guylou! This would be a hit with any sports fan!! Hope your friend has a wonderful birthday! Hugs to you!

Sara I. said...

How adorable!! Love that image and love how you colored him! Lovin' that pp, too - so perfect! I think your friend will love it!

Trina said...

This is fabulous! I bet he's just waiting to see what you came up with after last year's card!

Post a Comment