Sunday, January 23, 2011

Heart Shaped Kittens - Valentine Card

This card is a special request from a co-worker. He saw my Sundae & Heart card and asked if it would be possible to make a card with his two cats. His requirements were: Two cats in the colours of his own (see picture below) and a heart.

So I got my drawing pad and started different sketches. None that I liked. :(   My next idea was to buy one. I googled to see if other digi artists had two cats with a heart image and could not find anything that matched the requirements. I am sure someone will read this and will glady tell me that there are such digi out there. I am sure there is; I just couldn't find them with the search criteria I used.

I thought that maybe I could print an image and use it on the card. That solution would not match the colours of the cats, but with some Photoshop tricks, I could probably make it happen. So I googled "Two cats heart" and found an adorable picture on a site called "Cats picture and Videos" and I was hooked. I had to draw that!! (Since I am not sure what is the copyright for this picture, I just posted the link for your to see it.)

All my digis usually comes from my imagination, but I have to admit that this request had me stumped and finding that super cute picture really helped me this time around.

Another thing I learned to do this weekend is those baby Prima roses. I watched several YouTube videos and kind of did my own thing (as usual). They are so fun to do and not that difficult. The nice part is that you can match the card colour to perfection.

The inside sentiment was easy, as I was singing the song the entire time I was making the card:

Love me tender, love me sweet, never let me go.
You have made my life complete and I love you so.
Love me tender, love me true, all my dreams fulfill.
For, my darlin', I love you and I always will.
Happy Valentine


So you have it folks! A card with Heart Shaped Kittens!

8 comments:

Brenda said...

G, your card is perfect! What a darling image. You did awesome, he will love his card. I am so impressed with your roses!! Great job!

Kim Kelley said...

I love it! And the coloring is so spot on with his babies! I love that pp with the black background. I have seen you use it or something simular..What brand is it? What vids did you watch for the roses..can you post them pretty please.

Gina L said...

They are adorable, G! I am already trying to figure out how to color them to match my girls.

THERESA said...

They are so sweet and you did a fab job in coloring them , he will be so impressed !! WOW your roses are so OTT , love it !!

Scrappin Chris said...

I love it. Hmmm it wouldn't look right with 2 black cats. I can see it now. I do have an even number of cats. 3 hearts 2 cats each. Oh don't be telling Larry. I can see him wanting me to do a wall hanging. You should see the wall hanging I made 10 years ago...that just last month the youngest got ahold of. Still don't think 2 black cats would look right together. Thats my story and I am sticking to it. Love the digi. Love the coloring. Don't tell Larry...please.

PresentStorm said...

Lov e it G! You got the coloring down ...spot on! Really love those roses you made.. You go with your bad self girl!

Diana Queen said...

Wow! I loved reading your creative process in making this fabulous card! So much fun that you drew your image. This card turned out beautifully! I watched a bunch of those "prima" videos this week end too! ;D

Charlene said...

Oh my gosh G this is adorable! I love your little kitties...and you matched the colors of the real cats perfect! And I love the little roses that you made...could you possibly point us to that tutorial?

Post a Comment