Monday, October 11, 2010

My Family

Last night we had our Canadian Thanksgiving dinner and we took advantage that everyone was there to take a family picture. It has been a while since we did that, two years to be exact. The last family picture we took was before me and my husband separated. The separation caused a lot of disruptions and pain in all of our lives, however the serenity finally came back this summer after a long time of healing. It is wonderful to have that stability again and to get together without having that awful episode affect us as it used to. I am not saying that we are not all scared by what has happened, but as for all things, time do heal the wounds.

Let me introduce you to my beautiful family. My eldest is Gabrielle, she is now 19 years old and attending university to become an environmental lawyer. Gabby is a strong leader with a desire to make a difference in this world. She is bright, artistic and musical. My son Jeremy (in the green sweater) is 18 years old and is also attending university to become a psychologist. Jega is humorous, sensitive and a great encourager for anyone who needs it. He is very musical, artistic and writes novels (none published yet). Gabby's boyfriend is Cody; a wonderful young man. He is attending university to become a doctor. He is a good fit for Gabby and I hope their relationship will last. Then there is Joy, my Chesapeake Bay Retriever. She is 14 years old and has been a true joy to all of us. And the last, but not the least, there is Sundae, my miniature poodle. Sundae is seven months old, she is Miss Excitement and a lot of fun.

On this Thanksgiving day; I want to thank the Lord for blessing me with such a marvelous family and for keeping us together and for the healing He did in our lives. I am truly blessed!

5 comments:

Kim Kelley said...

Lovely picture. It's always nice to see a picture with the "whole" family. My two furry ones would never sit still long enough! Glad you had a good day!

PresentStorm said...

Awesome pic of you all G! I am amazed you got the dogs to cooperate. That would be a task on this end for sure. Your family is beautiful! I am glad you got to share your holiday.

Gina L said...

I love that pic, G. You have such a beautiful family. Jega and Gabby have gorgeous smiles. Their whole faces light up when they smile. Wonderful pic! Gina

Brenda said...

What a wonderful picture G. It is good to hear that healing is taking place. You have a wonderful family!!

Carmen said...

What a lovely family Guylou. Great picture!

Post a Comment