Saturday, September 25, 2010

Thank you Cards

Pierre-André, one of my co-workers, just got married and he asked me to make him two thank you cards for some wonderful people who helped him put the wedding together.

Pierre-André is one of my regular clients and he gives me carte-blanche, trusting me to make beautiful and unique cards.  He told me that since he has been giving my cards away, he realised how much people appreciate hand-made creations over any fancy cards. This week, he was telling me that him and his wife went to visit with a lady who is like a second mother to both of them and that the Mother's Day card I made was still on display in her living room.  That made me very happy!

He instructed me to make one card for a lady and one card for a couple (adding that they are black). I looked in my own images folder first and there were a few that I was considering. For some reason, I had this idea that the theme for the first card should be something about "being an angel". I looked in my freebie folders; those are images I picked up from blogs and sites where artists offer their digistamps for free. I found this wonderful image of an angel cat created by SJ's Little Musing. At first, I did not know who created that cute image as there was no reference to the artist name in the file name. I think it is important for the artist to add their name to the digistamp file name or people, just like me, might not remember where they got that freebie.

This image was easy to colour. I added some Stickles to the wings and halo to make it more heavenly. The papers were from my scrap container. I am a non-conventional artist when it come to putting paper together. I often mix different mediums for the fun of it. Sometime it backfires, but most of the time I get pretty good results.  I added a little ribbon to dress up the card and stamped the word "Thanks" on the image. I kept the inside verse simple in an attempt to make the message clear :
Thanks for all your help! We couldn't have done it without you! You're an angel!

The second card was a little bit harder. I had in mind that a couple should appear on the card. I looked in my images and the couples I have are not really suited for black people. I looked at the Magnolias I have and decided to combine two of them "Princess Tilda" and "Edwin with rose". The Magnolia stamps are so versatile for so many ethnicity. I wanted the card to be bright and cheerful. I chose the paper by k i Memories - Designer Paper Pad - Colorful Fun Paper Pad. I bought this pad of paper at a Hobby Lobby in Houston, Texas when I visited with my friend Tracy.  The ribbon is from the Dollarama and the brown flower is by Prima. The inside sentiment is: "Many, many thanks to you!
You brought real delight and helped make our wedding day more joyful and more bright!
Thank you!"

Both designs are my own creations.

First Card:
Digistamp:  Angel Cat
By: SJ's Little Musing
Copics Used: BG10, E13, E17, R11
Papers: Various sources

Second Card:
Stamps: Princess Tilda and Edwin with rose
By: Magnolia
Copics Used: B91, B977, B99, BG11, BG15, E13, E17, E25, E29, E47, N2, N4, N7, R81, R85, YG63, YG67
Papers: k i Memories - Designer Paper Pad - Colorful Fun Paper Pad

6 comments:

Scrappin Chris said...

OH MY!!! I so love the Cat Angel...and I went to the site and snagged it. The cards are beautiful!! Thanks for sharing

THERESA said...

Both cards are just stunning, G , gotta luv your coloring.............:)))
Will be back.......(:)

Kim Kelley said...

Love both of them and the colors on the faces of the magnolia couple. I'm telling you gotta come see you so you can rub off on me!

Gina L said...

These are fab, G! I can understand why he is a repeat customer. LUG!

PresentStorm said...

Very nicely done. Both are super cute girl. Love the colors you used for the skin tone on the couple. Perfectly done.

Brenda said...

They are both so cute!!! Your coloring of the skin tone is amazing. Great job!!!

Post a Comment