Saturday, September 18, 2010

Sunflower Wreath

There are good things in life that it is always sad to see go. Personal Stamp Exchange is one of them. They produced some of the most amazing rubber stamps I have ever seen. Unfortunately they are no longer in business and you can only buy their stamps on eBay or in crafts bazaars. I am blessed that my sister-in-law used to own a stamp store and that after she closed, she kept a large inventory of them to use in another business she started: stamping classes.

Last Christmas, she stamped all the stamps she had for me so I can use them as I wish. I have now hundreds and hundreds of those beautiful images and sometimes it is so hard to chose one because they are all gorgeous.

I am working presently on my Thanksgiving cards. I used mostly my own digistamps, but for my parents I wanted to do something a bit more classic. After spending a long time looking at all the rubber stamps and digistamps I own; I just could not find something that caught my attention. Then I remembered the stack of images my sister-in-law gave me and I found this beautiful stamp called Sunflower Wreath. I was such a fun image to colour. I kept the design simple in order to make the image the center of the attention. The paper is by Provo; I bought it years ago and never really found use for it. I think is worked pretty well together.



Stamp: PSE - Sunflower Wreath
Paper: Provo
Copics: E13, E18, E71, E74, G82, G99, R59, V99, Y15, Y19, YR12, YR16, & YR18
Design: Guylou's

3 comments:

Kim Kelley said...

Beautiful card G! The colors are perfect. I have some of the same papers, but I NEVER remember them..unless name is printed!

PresentStorm said...

Wow, your coloring is spot on G! The papers are perfect with it too. Beautifully done.. I know they will love it.

bluemoon said...

Beautiful! Very inspiring!

Post a Comment