Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Experimenting with my digistamps and Copics

It is late and I can barely stay awake, but since I succeeded to finish this card, I might has well post it. The image is made of two of my digistamps: Sylvia and Autumn Scene (which is not available in my store yet). I flipped Sylvia horizontally so she can face the center of the image. I added the Happy Thanksgiving words (font is called "Cursif") to the image and voilà! The card design is inspired by a Mojo Monday sketch (I just love their sketches). I also added a few gems and ribbon to dress up the card.

Now to the list of Copics I used:
B97, B99, C3, C6, E00, E08, E25, E29, E53, E71, E74, G99, R11, YG63, YG67, YR12, YR16, YR18

That is the most Copics I ever used on one image. I am still working on creating shadows. My girlfriend Tracy is an awesome artist with Copics. She made a series of videos to show us how to shade (you would think that I would have done a better job after watching them). I guess I just need to practice and practice and eventually I will get it!

3 comments:

PresentStorm said...

I am so glad to see that you started a personal blog again. I love this card and everything you did with it... You are too hard on yourself. I think your coloring looks great. I especially love the pumpkins :)

Phyllis said...

Very nice Thanksgiving card Guylou. Love your coloring.

Gina L said...

This is such a cute card, G! I really like how you merged the two images together. I'm glad to see that you once again have a personal blog. LUG! Gina

Post a Comment